Beer Cheese Mac
Beer + Mac & Cheese = Does it get any better?
- 3 tbsp. butter, plus more for pan
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. beer
- 1 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, prepared according to box
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a 9”x13” baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly add beer and milk to flour mixture, stirring constantly. Continue whisking over medium heat until mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until fully melted. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper and fold in prepared macaroni noodles and crumbled bacon. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine Panko with oil and chives. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over mac & cheese. Bake until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chives before serving.