Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake is the best way to feed a crowd on Christmas morning.
- FOR FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- 1 stick, plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened and divided
- ¾ c. dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon. McCormick ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. kosher salt divided
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 (16.3-oz) tubes refrigerated biscuit dough
- 6 large eggs
- ½ c. whole milk
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. McCormick ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- FOR CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp. whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, stir together 1 stick of softened butter, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- On a work surface, roll out each biscuit until ¼-inch thick. Spread biscuits with butter mixture and roll into logs. Cut each log crosswise into 6 pieces.
- Brush the bottom of a 9"-x-13" baking dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter. Scatter the cinnamon roll pieces evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt until well combined. Pour egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces in the baking dish and bake until nicely golden and egg is set, tenting with foil if top is darkening too fast, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Make the cream cheese drizzle: In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk and a pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth. Add more milk if glaze is too thick.
- Drizzle french toast bake with icing and serve with maple syrup.