Cranberry Brie Egg Rolls
Cranberry Brie Egg Rolls are the holiday app that will steal the show.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 large yellow onions, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1½ c. canned whole cranberry sauce
- 8 oz. brie, thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Freshly chopped chives, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and a pinch salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Set an egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape in front of you and spoon cranberry sauce in the center. Add a slice of brie and a spoonful of onions on top. Fold up bottom half and sides, then gently roll, sealing the seam with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1" vegetable oil over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Working in batches, add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side.
- Drain on a paper towel–lined plate and let cool slightly. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with Parmesan and chives.