Fried Pimento Cheese
Fried Pimento Cheese balls will be your new obsession.
- 8 oz. shredded yellow cheddar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. sweet paprika
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- Large pinch garlic powder
- ¼ c. freshly chopped green onion
- ¼ c. drained diced pimientos
- 1½ c. panko bread crumbs, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Canola oil, for frying
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise, paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder. Fold in ½ cup panko, green onion, and pimento. Roll mixture into 1" balls.
- Prepare breading station with three shallow bowls: one bowl with remaining 1 cup panko, another with egg, and a third bowl with flour.
- Working with one ball at a time, coat ball in flour and shake off excess. Dip the ball into egg mixture and then into bread crumb mixture. Repeat steps for remaining balls and set aside on a plate. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, heat 1" oil until it starts to bubble. Working in batches, add breaded pimento balls and fry until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and let cool slightly.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.