Pizza Chicken Bake
No crust? No problem.
- 4 (6-oz.) Tyson Fresh All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ¾ c. pepperoni, divided
- 8 slices part-skim sliced mozzarella, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 425º. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff pocket with 4 pieces pepperoni and one folded slice mozzarella.
- Place stuffed breasts in a 9"-x-13" baking dish and season all over with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add crushed tomatoes, olive oil, shallots, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and chopped basil. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º, about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil and top chicken with remaining sliced cheese, tomato slices, and remaining pepperoni. Return to oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and pepperoni is crisp.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.