Best Cauliflower Steak
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 1 head cauliflower, stem trimmed, cut vertically into four 1" planks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. pitted Castelvetrano olives
- ⅓ c. roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 tbsp. roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ c. very thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Brush cauliflower steaks with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks, until tender and charred in places, about 4 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Tear olives into pieces and add into bowl along with almonds, celery, onion, parsley, and roasted pepper. Stir and then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon olive mixture over cauliflower.