Brussels Sprout Pickles
Brussels sprout pickles are the future.
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1 small clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook Brussels sprouts until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain Brussels and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Pack into two (16-oz.) glass jars along with dill and garlic.
- Return saucepan to medium heat and add in water, vinegar, peppercorns, mustard seeds, red pepper flakes, salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer until salt dissolves.
- Carefully pour hot brine over Brussels sprouts. Let jars cool to room temperature.
- Seal jar, refrigerate, and let sit for at least 3 hours before serving.