Slow-Cooker Louisiana Ribs
Low and slow, baby. Low and slow.
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 lb. baby back ribs, trimmed and cut into 4 to 5 pieces
- 1 c. barbecue sauce, divided
- ½ c. water
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cajun seasoning, salt, oregano, and onion powder. Pat ribs dry with a paper towel then rub spice mixture onto ribs.
- Brush about ½ cup barbecue sauce onto ribs and place in slow cooker. Pour water around the ribs and cook on low until tender, about 8 hours.
- Brush the remaining barbecue sauce on the ribs.