Slow-Cooker Cajun Alfredo
Good luck trying to save leftovers of this Slow-Cooker Cajun Alfredo.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lb. penne pasta
- 8 oz. andouille sausage, sliced ½-inch thick diagonally
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- In a slow cooker, add chicken, heavy cream, butter, and broth. Season with Cajun seasoning, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer to a work surface, let cool 10 minutes, then thinly slice chicken. Meanwhile, add penne, sausage, and Parmesan to slow cooker, and cook until penne is tender, 25 to 30 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and scallions, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to slow cooker. Garnish with more parmesan and parsley and serve.