Naan bread is so easy to make at home, you'll never want shop bought again!
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 tsp. caster sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 120 ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, plus extra for drizzling
- FOR THE RAITA
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed, grated and squeezed in kitchen roll
- Optional toppings: freshly chopped coriander, black onion seed, poppy seeds
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl and make a well. Mix the milk and oil in a jug and pour into the well a little at a time gradually drawing in the flour as you stir, until you have a soft dough. Tip onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise for about 15mins.
- Meanwhile make the raita: combine all ingredients in a bowl and season well.
- Tip dough out onto a floured surface and knead briefly before dividing into 4 balls. Roll each into a rough oval shape, press any desired toppings into the dough then place onto a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with water. Grill for 2 mins per side, drizzle with oil and serve with raita.