Chicken Cordon Bleu Skillet
All the French, none of the fussiness.
- 1 lb. penne
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. heavy cream
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. thick-cut ham, chopped
- 2 c. shredded Gruyere
- ½ c. grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cook until slightly golden, 2 minutes more. Pour in chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, then add mustard powder. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid coats the back of a spoon, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cooked pasta, chicken, ham, and Gruyere. Sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- Bake until warmed through, 13-15 minutes. For a golden top, broil for an extra 2-3 minutes. Garnish with parsley.