Big Mac Sauce® Mac N Cheese Brick
Made with real Big Mac Sauce®, this seriously flavourful cheesy log is the ideal indulgent sharer.
- 2 tsp oil
- 300g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 125g chopped pickled
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 40g butter
- 40g flour
- 500ml milk
- 150ml big mac sauce (plus more for serving)
- 350g cooked macaroni
- 200g grated yellow cheddar
- 100g grated mozzarella
- Sliced American cheese
- 6 eggs whisked
- 2 cups seasoned flour
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- Oi for frying
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add beef and cook, breaking apart with a spoon. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic. Season with salt and pepper once the beef is browned and cooked through. Stir through the chopped onions and pickles, and set aside.
- Line a loaf tin with cling film set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt butter. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually pour in the milk whisking constantly. Stir through the Big Mac sauce and cheese and cooked macaroni.
- Pour half of the macaroni mixture into the loaf tin. Make a small well in the centre and fill with some of the beef mix in the centre and layer with sliced cheese. Top with more beef mixture followed by remaining macaroni and cheese. Cover with cling and set in the freezer for 3 hours to set.
- Once just frozen and set. Cover in flour followed by eggs and bread crumbs.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a shallow pan to 170ºC. Transfer the brick to the oil carefully and fry until golden brown. Then transfer to a sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC.
- Slice and serve with extra big mac sauce