Boston Cream Poke Cake
Boston Cream Poke Cake will disappear in MINUTES.
- Cooking spray
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 (5.1-oz) packs of instant vanilla pudding
- 4 c. cold milk
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9"-x-13” pan with cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool cake completely, then poke big holes across entire surface of the cake using the rounded end of a wooden spoon. In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until mixture begins to thicken. Pour over the cake and spread with a spatula to make sure the pudding pours into the holes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make the ganache: Put chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring heavy cream to a simmer, then pour over chocolate chips, whisking until smooth. Pour ganache over chilled cake and serve.