Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole
This comforting casserole is the EASIEST slow-cooker dinner.
- 25 ml oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 300 g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 (415g) tin baked beans
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube or stock pot
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Handful chopped parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat a heavy bottomed casserole dish over medium heat. Add oil, sausages and pancetta. Cook for 5-6 minutes until sausages are browned.
- Add the onion, carrot and pepper to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes until softened.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Add tin of chopped tomatoes, baked beans and stock cube. Stir in the dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves.
- Cook on high for four hours, or eight hours on low. Stir in the chopped parsley and salt. Serve with crusty bread.