Homemade Chicken Teriyaki will cure your takeout cravings.
- FOR THE SAUCE
- ⅓ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1½ tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Steamed broccoli, for serving
- Make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, oil, honey, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch.
- Make chicken: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly and chicken is cooked through, 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over rice with steamed broccoli.