Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
TEAM BLUE CHEESE.
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 tbsp. ranch seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ c. blue cheese, crumbled
- FOR THE BUFFALO SAUCE:
- ¼ c. hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Ranch, for serving
- Freshly chopped chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° and grease a medium baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, Parmesan, green onions, garlic, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg and mix until combined.
- Wet hands, then scoop about 1 tablespoon of mixture and place a cheese crumble in center and roll into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining mixture. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add hot sauce, butter, and honey. Cook until butter is melted and let simmer 2 minutes.
- Heat oven to broil. Place meatballs in a large bowl and toss with sauce. Place meatballs back onto baking sheet and broil until sauce caramelizes, 3 minutes.
- Drizzle with ranch and garnish with chives before serving.