Peanut Butter-Stuffed Cookies
Peanut butter lovers ~only~.
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- FOR THE COOKIES
- ½ c. creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ¼ c. granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Scoop into small balls (about 1½") and freeze until ready to use.
- Make cookies: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and sugars and beat with a hand mixer on medium until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined, then add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a pancake-like circle. Place the frozen peanut butter ball on top. Bring the edges of the dough around the peanut butter ball and pinch the edges together to seal, adding more dough if necessary to cover the frozen peanut butter completely.
- Roll stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used, spacing the cookies about 2” apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom,12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.