Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake will get you through the week.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup soy milk (or dairy for non-vegan cake), room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana (roughly 2 medium ripe bananas)
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the milk, oil, banana, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk everything until is moistened, being careful not to overwork the batter.
- Switch to a rubber spatula and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (it may have some chocolate on it). Cool completely before serving.