Cheesecake Banana Bread
When two become one.
- ½ c. melted butter, plus more butter for pan
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided, plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. plus 2 tbsp. sugar, divided
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, divided
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a 9"-x-5" loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine ¾ cup sugar, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, 1 egg and egg yolk and mix until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in mashed bananas.
- Make cream cheese filling: In a small bowl, stir together remaining egg, cream cheese, and remaining 2 tablespoons each flour and sugar.
- Transfer half the batter to prepared pan. Dollop cream cheese filling on top and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.