Garlic Butter Mushroom Pasta
Garlic Butter Mushroom Pasta is all of our favorite things.
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz. rigatoni
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. half and half
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 6 c. packed baby spinach
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta until al dente, per package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water. Drain pasta and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until the butter starts to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden in places, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and red pepper flakes to skillet with mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, over medium-high heat, stirring, until vinegar is evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in half and half and add parmesan, stir to combine. Add spinach and cook just until it starts to wilt. Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to skillet. Cook, tossing, until everything is coated in sauce, about 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, garnish with more parmesan and more red pepper flakes. Serve warm.