Burrito Egg Rolls
Cheesy burrito egg rolls – sorry not sorry.
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ c. frozen corn
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- ¼ c. Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Guacamole, for serving
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Cook meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and return beef to skillet. Add black beans and corn and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add cheddar and Cholula Green Pepper to ground beef mixture, then fold in tomato.
- Set an egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape in front of you and spoon ¼ cup burrito mixture in the center. Fold up bottom half and sides, then gently roll, sealing the seam with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 inch vegetable oil over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Working in batches, add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate and let cool slightly. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Serve warm, with guacamole for dipping.