PB&J Bread Pudding
You've NEVER had PB&J like this before...
- 10 slices white bread, preferably pullman loaf
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- ¾ c. strawberry jam
- 2 c. half and half
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Arrange the bread on a work surface and spread peanut butter on six slices. Spread jam on the six remaining slices and sandwich together jam and peanut butter slices. Trim crusts from sandwiches and discard. Cut each sandwich into quarters and transfer to a medium baking dish.
- Preheat to 300°. In a large bowl, whisk half and half, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture over sandwich pieces in the baking dish. Let sit 20 minutes, gently and lightly pressing down bread halfway through, if necessary, so that the bread absorbs the custard as much as possible.
- Bake bread pudding, rotating pan halfway through, until puffed and golden, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar and serving.