Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies
Those mesmerizing swirls are easier than you'd think.
- FOR THE BLACKBERRY SAUCE
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- FOR THE BROWNIES + CHEESECAKE
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9”-x-13” baking pan with parchment and lightly grease with cooking spray. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine blackberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until blackberries are broken down, 8 to 10 minutes. Strain seeds through a fine mesh strainer over a heat-proof bowl and let cool slightly.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions and pour into prepared pan.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt and beat until well combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over brownie batter and smooth with a rubber spatula into an even layer. Spoon blackberry sauce all over cheesecake mixture and swirl with a toothpick or knife, careful only to swirl into cheesecake layer.
- Bake until edges are set and center of cheesecake mixture is only slightly jiggly, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cheesecake brownies cool in pan, then slice and serve.