It goes where no brownie has gone before.
- FOR THE BROWNIES
- Cooking spray
- 2 boxes brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- FOR THE GANACHE AND TOPPING
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9”-x-13” baking pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Prepare brownie mixes according to package directions and pour both batters into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Make cream cheese layer: In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until no lumps remain, then add vanilla and salt and beat until combined.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy cream and bring to a boil. Pour cream over chocolate chips and let sit 5 minutes then whisk until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Remove brownie from pan and cut in half widthwise then cut each piece in half horizontally, to make a total of 4 thin layers. Place one piece of brownie on a platter then spread a thin layer of ganache on top. Add about ⅓ of cream cheese filling then top with another layer of brownie. Repeat layers, topping the final layer of brownie with ganache, reserving some for serving. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until well chilled.
- Top with chocolate shavings and drizzle with additional ganache before serving.