Mini Apple Berry Crumble Pies
LOVE AT THE FIRST SIGN.
- FOR FILLING
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 2 medium firm apples, peeled and cut into ¼ in. slices
- ⅓ c. light brown sugar
- 1½ c. frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, and tayberries)
- 4 tsp. tapioca flour
- ⅓ c. white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- FOR CRUMBLE TOPPING
- ½ c. rolled oats
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. light brown sugar
- ⅓ c. walnuts, chopped
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two 4-inch ceramic ramekins with rolled out pie crust. Press crust into ramekins and repair any tears with extra pie crust. Place in freezer until ready to fill pie.
- For filling: Use a medium saucepan to combine apples and brown sugar. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until reduced and bubbling (apples should be slightly tender).
- Drain most juice from apples, and add berries, tapioca flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt and stir gently to combine.
- For crumble: Mix together all ingredients except butter. Add butter and cut into mixture with pastry cutter or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove pie crust from freezer and add apple-berry filling until ramekin is full. Add generous handful of crumble topping by packing it on.
- Bake for 25 minutes (the top of the pie should be starting to turn golden brown). Tent with foil and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until filling is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm.