Shrimp Spaghetti Carbonara
Make your favorite silky pasta even more addictive by adding seafood.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. bacon, cut into ½" slices
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine eggs, yolks and Parmesan; mix well with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a bowl. Do not drain the fat. Return skillet to medium-high heat and add ¼ cup pasta water. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook until pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet with shrimp; use tongs to combine well. Stir in cheese mixture and parsley, quickly tossing together to evenly coat pasta and prevent eggs from scrambling. Add additional pasta water to make a creamy sauce. Just before serving, add bacon.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with parsley, more Parmesan and pepper.