Watching this Zebra Cake come together is SOO mesmerizing
- 1½ c. granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. whole milk
- ¾ c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 8" round cake pans with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and eggs and whisk until lightened in color, about 2 minutes. Beat in milk and vegetable oil until combined. Add flour and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Remove 2 cups of batter and place in separate bowl. Whisk the cocoa powder into the bowl with 2 cups batter and the vanilla and almond extract into the other.
- Pour 3 tablespoons vanilla batter into the center the center of the cake pan. Then, pour 3 tablespoons chocolate batter into the cake pan. Repeat this alternating method, this time using 2 tablespoons batter per pour, until all batter has been used.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.