Pulled chicken and pineapple Whirly Bird Sliders will steal the show at your Halloween party this year.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. King's Hawaiian Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 King's Hawaiian Sweet Hawaiian Rolls
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 4 pineapple rings, cut into thirds
- 1½ c. shredded Pepper Jack
- Egg wash
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add in KIng's Hawaiian BBQ Sauce and lime juice. Bring to a simmer and add chicken. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, shred chicken. Return back to the sauce and stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Slice Sweet Hawaiian Rolls in half and place bottom buns into a 9”-x-13” baking dish. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on bottom buns. Add chicken mixture in an even layer, then top with pineapple and cheese. Spread remaining mayo on top buns and place on top, then brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until buns are golden and cheese is melty, 15 minutes.