Chicken Tortilla Soup
This is what they call heaven.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, of preference
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white onion, diced
- ¼ cup tomato (50 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon green chilli, diced
- ¼ cup black beans (40 g)
- ¼ cup frozen corn (45 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth (355 mL), or veggie broth
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken (125 g), shredded
- tortilla strip, for garnish
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium sauce pot over a medium heat, add oil, garlic and onion. Cook until onion starts to become translucent.
- Add tomatoes, green chiles, black beans, corn, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cook until all ingredients are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and allow to heat through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of tortilla strips and cilantro.