These Caprese Tomatoes seriously work that hasselback cut.
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella (preferably bocconcini), sliced into small rounds
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 6 Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Combine mozzarella, olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt in a small bowl. Season to taste with pepper and marinate while you prepare tomatoes.
- Slice each tomato crosswise, like an accordion, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Place cut tomatoes on a serving platter. Insert marinated cheese slices and pieces of torn basil into each slit.
- Drizzle tomatoes with balsamic glaze before serving.