No-Bake Mint Chip Cookies
‘Tis the season to spread a little mint chocolate chip cheer! Coated in dark chocolate, these green-tinted, no bake cookies will be an instant standout at your next cookie exchange. They’re gluten-free, too!
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes (75 g)
- ½ cup coconut cream (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (45 g), plus more for topping
- 1 cup dark chocolate chip (175 g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut flakes, coconut cream, maple syrup, mint extract, and green food coloring to a food processor and pulse until a sticky paste forms.
- Transfer the coconut mixture to a large bowl and fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop the mixture in 2-tablespoon portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten with your fingers into discs. Freeze for 1–2 hours, until solid.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer. Coat in the melted chocolate until fully covered. 7. Using 2 forks, remove the cookies from the chocolate, letting any excess drip off, and return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with more mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookies to the refrigerator to set for 2 hours.