Zucchini And Corn Frittata
In 30-minutes you have a delicious and easy zucchini, corn, and bacon frittata.
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 mL)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups zucchini (300 g), thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn (175 g), fresh or frozen and thawed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the ricotta. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch (30 cm) cast-iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, 3-5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the bacon from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the rendered bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and sauté until starting to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini softens further but is still bright green. Season with the remaining teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, then top with the bacon.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the top is puffed and the eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley, then serve directly from the skillet.