Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo ‘Fish’ & Chips
Well, I guess now I am in love.
- Beer-Battered Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1sp salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 190g plain flour
- 275ml bottle vegan lager
- 100 g flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Hand-Cut Chips
- 800g Maris piper
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Plant-Based Tartare
- 25g Dill
- 25g Parsley
- 15g Capers
- 130g Hellmann's Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your cauliflower into florets and set aside. Then combine your salt, garlic, baking powder and flour. Whisk until completely combined.
- Then add slowly your vegan lager, whisking as you go.
- Slice your potatoes and let them sit in cold water for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, make your tartare sauce, chop dill, parsley and capers finely and place into a bowl. Add Hellmann's Vegan Mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Combine until fully incorporated.
- In a shallow frying pan, pour in vegetable oil enough to shallow fry. Coat the cauliflower florets in the seasoned flour then coat in the batter. Once your oil has heated to 160 degrees, carefully place the cauliflower in and fry until golden brown. About 6-7 minutes.
- Oven bake your chips for 35 minutes.
- Serve your beer-battered cauliflower and chips with your delicious plant-based tartare sauce and fresh lemon wedges, enjoy!