Christmas Turkey Kiev
This Giant Turkey Kiev is stuffed with Garlic Herb Butter and topped with Brie.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup/100g butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup/100g plain flour
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 cups "al dente" cooked pasta (fusilli works well)
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Begin by frying the chicken breasts on both sides in the oil. Remove from the pan and set aside, then slice when cool.
- In the same pan, add the butter. Allow to foam and toast ever so slightly, then add the garlic cloves and cook for a minute. Add the flour and mix in with a spoon, making sure the flour has no lumps. Add the milk in stages, ending up with a smooth sauce. Bring to the bubble and add parsley, parmesan and salt. Bring off the heat and pour over the pasta and chicken in a deep sided dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley with the oil and sprinkle over the dish. Bake for half an hour.