3-Bean Chili is SO comforting.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil then add onion, bell pepper, and carrots. Sauté until soft about 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and stir to coat vegetables. Add tomatoes, beans, broth, and seasonings. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer, 30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.