Caprese Quinoa Bake
This cheesy Caprese Quinoa Bake proves that healthy CAN be delicious.
- 1⅓ c. white quinoa
- 2⅓ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- 3 large red tomatoes
- 2 c. fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-oz.) ball fresh mozzarella
- ¼ c. thinly sliced basil, for garnish
- Preheat to oven to 400°. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions, using chicken broth. Season with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Chop one tomato into medium pieces. Into a 9"-x-13" baking dish, combine cooked quinoa, chopped tomato, spinach, Italian seasoning, Parmesan, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer.
- Slice remaining tomatoes, then layer slices with mozzarella on top of the quinoa mixture.
- Bake until cheese is melty and slightly golden, 30 minutes.
- Garnish with basil before serving.