Winos, get ready to fall in love with Drunken Spaghetti.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 c. grated Parmesan
- ¼ c. freshly chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in bottle of wine (be careful, it may splatter!) and bring wine to boil.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water until pliable, about 2 minutes, then add to boiling wine. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Toss with Parmesan and parsley and serve warm.