Strawberry Love Notes
The best kind of love note.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Flour for rolling out dough
- ½ c. strawberry jam
- Egg wash
- ¼ c. Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pie crust. Using a paring knife, cut out long diamond shapes, about 4" on each side. Transfer diamonds to baking sheet. Reroll extra dough to make more diamonds. (You should have enough dough to make about 6.)
- Fill the center of each diamond with a very small dollop of strawberry filling. Fold three of the corners into the center so that the dough looks like an open envelope. Press down lightly on dough to seal. Use a small heart cookie cutter to stamp out remaining dough into hearts, and place a heart in the center of each.
- Brush envelopes with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until envelopes are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.