Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Homemade Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry = your new favorite dinner
- FOR THE MARINADE
- ⅓ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- Zest of ½ lime
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, sliced very thinly against the grain
- FOR THE STIR-FRY
- Marinated sirloin, drained
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil, divided
- 1 dried red chili, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- ⅓ c. reserved marinade
- In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients except for steak until fully combined. Reserve ⅓ cup marinade and set aside. Add steak to medium bowl and toss until evenly coated. Let marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together cornstarch and drained marinated beef. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add steak in a single layer, working in batches if needed, and cook until seared, 1 to 2 minute per side. Remove steak and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then add chili, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, garlic, green onion, and a pinch salt. Stir and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add in broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green, about 4 minutes. Add in broth and let cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add hoisin and ⅓ cup reserved marinade and stir to evenly distribute. Bring to a simmer. Add back cooked steak and toss until evenly coated. Let cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Garnish with more sesame seeds and green onions before serving.