This Malteser Cheesecake is pure indulgence. Made with both Maltesers AND Maltesers Buttons, it also contains Horlicks and malted milk biscuits for that ultimate malty flavour.
- FOR THE BASE
- 150 g malted milk biscuits
- 100 g Maltesers
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 500 g full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 120 g icing sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tsp. Horlicks
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- FOR DECORATION
- 125 g Maltesers Buttons
- 60 g Maltesers
- Line the base and sides of a 20.5cm (8”) round springform cake tin.
- Make the base: whiz the biscuits and Maltesers in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs (alternatively put them in a sealed plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin). Mix in melted butter, then press the mixture firmly into the base of the tin with the back of a spoon. Chill.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and double cream until smooth. Divide the mixture into two even parts. Beat the Horlicks into one, and the cocoa into the other. Combine the two mixtures in one bowl, folding briefly to marble, then tip into the tin and spread to level. Chill for at least 6 hours.
- Melt 100g of Maltesers Buttons (reserving 12 whole) in a heat-proof bowl set over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally and making sure that the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Allow to cool slightly for a few mins.
- Roughly chop 20g of Maltesers, reserving 20 whole.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and peel away parchment. Quickly spread the melted chocolate over the cake and dot 12 Maltesers and 12 Maltesers Buttons around the edge. Pile the chopped Maltesers in the centre and place the remaining whole ones on top. Chill immediately to set. When ready to serve, slice into 12 equal portions.