Stuffed Samoa French Toast
Caramel-laden cream cheese is stuffed inside of thick pieces of brioche and before being crisped up in a hot pan. Need we say more?
- FOR STUFFING:
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. caramel sauce
- Pinch kosher salt
- FOR FRENCH TOAST:
- 6 thick slices brioche
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. whole milk
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- Hot fudge sauce, for drizzling
- MAKE FILLING:
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth. Add caramel sauce and a pinch of salt and mix until smooth. Place in a ziplock bag or piping bag and set aside.
- Cut a 2” wide slit into the bottom of each slice of brioche to create a deep pocket. Fill each pocket with caramel mixture. In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until combined. Working with one slice at a time, dip bread, turning once, until fully soaked. Dip both sides in coconut flakes.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium- heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Cook 2 slices bread at a time until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat to cook all slices, adding more butter to pan if needed.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and hot fudge. Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and serve.