No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
This no-bake peanut butter cup cheesecake tastes like the real deal! It sets up perfectly overnight and slices beautifully.
- 125g plain flour
- 225g sugar
- 38g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant coffee
- 125ml whole milk
- 63 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125ml boiling water
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1¼ cup creamy peanut butter, not natural
- 575g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 250ml heavy cream
- 2 tbsp clear corn syrup
- 125g milk chocolate finely chopped
- 100g dark chocolate finely chopped
- Finely chopped peanuts and chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease, line the base of a 9” springform pan.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coffee to a large bowl; whisk through to combine.
- Add milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the centre of the chocolate cake, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Using the back of a measuring cup, press the cake down firmly to condense slightly. Let chill completely
- Meanwhile, whip the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth, set aside. In another bowl, whip the cream cheese and icing sugar to form stiff peaks
- Add the whipped cream to the creamcheese mix and using the hand mixer, whip until combined, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Scrape the mixture into a springform pan and smooth the filling. Chill for 6 hours, or ideally overnight for best results.
- Heat cream and corn syrup until steaming. Pour over chopped chocolate and let it sit for 1 minute to melt. Stir from the centre out to incorporate and melt evenly.
- Carefully remove the cake from the springform pan. Place over a rack in a large rimmed sheet pan. Pour the ganache evenly over top of the cake and use an offset spatula to spread smooth. Let it drip off the edge so it coats the sides. (The ganache should be pourable like the consistency of double cream, warm in 10 second intervals in the microwave if needed)
- Chill for 10 minutes until set.
- Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate around the edge of the cake. Slice and serve.