The real secret to perfect cheesecake.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- ¾ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- ½ c. plus 1 tbsp. sugar, divided
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Grease a 6” springform pan and wrap tightly with two layers of foil. In a 6-quart slow cooker, pour 1” water. Create a foil circle and place inside slow cooker as a rack.
- Make crust: In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, 1 tablespoon sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Press into greased pan and set aside.
- Make filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and remaining ½ cup sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt and beat until combined.
- Pour filling over crust. Top slow cooker with three layers of paper towels and lid.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then turn off heat and let stand 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from slow-cooker and remove foil from pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.