Swiss Roll Cake
Is it the chocolate cake, the marshmallow filling, the ganache, or the insane layer of Swiss Rolls that's making you go insane right now?
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-oz.) box devil's food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- FOR THE MARSHMALLOW FILLING
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 (7.5-oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- FOR THE GANACHE
- 1½ c. chocolate chips
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 24 Swiss Rolls, sliced crosswise
- MAKE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8-inch round baking pans with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Divide between prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into center of each cake comes out clean, 30 minutes. Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- MAKE MARSHMALLOW FILLING
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar, marshmallow creme, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- MAKE GANACHE
- Put chocolate chips in a large heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat cream until steaming and bubbles form around the edge. Pour over chocolate and let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until completely melted and combined.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Spread marshmallow filling over cake and top with second cake layer. Pour ganache over cake and spread until entire cake is covered.
- Apply Swiss Rolls in even rows around cake. Let set 30 minutes before slicing and serving.