Chocolate-Peanut Butter Banana Bread
The best dessert combo ever makes its way to b bread
- ½ c. butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 3 super ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Peanut butter, warmed in microwave, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a 9"-x-5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, peanut butter, vanilla, egg and egg yolk and mix until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with warm peanut butter.