Salted Caramel Banana Bread
Drizzled and stuffed with salted caramel, this banana bread is perfectly decadent.
- ½ c. butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 4 super ripe bananas, 3 mashed and 1 sliced
- ½ c. caramel, plus more for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a 9"-x-5" loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix sugar, butter, buttermilk, vanilla, egg and egg yolk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in mashed bananas and caramel.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and scatter with banana slices. Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with flaky sea salt before serving.