Cheesy Mexican Cauli Rice
Instant weeknight fav.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 c. large head cauliflower, grated, or 4 cups riced cauliflower
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. corn kernels (fresh, canned, or thawed frozen)
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Put grated cauliflower in a clean dishtowel and twist to drain excess liquid.
- Add a splash more oil to skillet if it seems dry, then add drained grated cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, then add tomato paste and stir until combined. Stir in chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Top with cheeses and cover with lid to let melt, 2 minutes.
- Serve with limes.