Corned Beef & Cabbage
One pot, no problem. Try and enjoy the taste!
- 3 lb. corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ½ lb. baby potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into quarteres
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place brisket in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Add spice packet, bay leaves, and thyme and place on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender, checking every 30 minutes and adding water if needed, until beef is tender, about 3 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots and bring back up to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes, then add cabbage and boil 5 minutes more.
- Remove meat and drain vegetables. Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing.