Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
Our creamy Zuppa Toscana soup gives Olive Garden a serious run for its money.
- 1 lb. Hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 large russet potatoes, diced
- 1 bunch curly kale, leaves stripped and chopped
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, until browned and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate to drain.
- Add onion to pot and let cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender, 23 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in kale and let cook until leaves are tender and bright green, 3 minutes, then stir in heavy cream, sausage, and bacon and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Season with pepper, garnish with Parm, and serve.