Mini Egg Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake bars are delicious and the whole family will love them. It is also a great make-ahead dessert as it keeps really well in the fridge.
- FOR THE BASE
- 2 x 114g packs Cadbury milk chocolate fingers
- 75 g butter, melted and cooled
- FOR THE FILLING
- 296 g bag Cadbury mini eggs
- 340 g pack full-fat cream cheese
- 250 g mascarpone
- 175 ml double cream
- 100 g caster sugar
- Zest 3 oranges
- 150 g caster sugar
- To make the base, break the chocolate fingers in half then pulse in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs. Pour in the melted butter and pulse again until it just comes together then tip into the base of a 20 x 20cm square loose-bottomed tin.
- Smooth with the back of a spoon, making sure to press it right into the corners. Leave this to chill and firm up in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, pop the mini eggs into a resealable food bag, seal and bash with a rolling pin or the base of a pan until they are roughly broken up. Set aside.
- Pop the remaining filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) until thickened and holds fairly stiff peaks. Stir through two-thirds of the crushed mini eggs. Top the chilled base with this mixture, smoothing the surface with the back of a spoon. Scatter over the remaining mini eggs, cover and chill until it has firmed up, at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into 12 bars